Wednesday, December 2, 2015

FAV THINGS: SMELLS/SCENTS

OMG! Can you believe it's December. . . already? The year has flown by and here we are in the midst of another holiday season. I love this favorite things idea since certain scents always remind me of events or people. Scientists or maybe it's therapists, I believe, say that scents can trigger memories.Whoever it is, they're right. Oh wait!I almost forgot Wednesday Male Hotness



So . . . scents . . . speaking of, I bet he smells really good.

Anyway, this time of year always smells the best to me. Yummy baked goods, roast turkey, glazed ham, fresh pine, pumpkin everything. So, here are some of my favorite scents, in no particular order.

1. Coffee - the scent of fresh brewed coffee takes me back to when I was a kid. My mom would put the percolator on and the scent of rich, brewed coffee would permeate the house. 

2. Books - as a kid, the first thing I'd do when I got a new book, was open it up and inhale. I know it's crazy, unless you do it too but there's nothing like the smell of a book. It's almost as if you can smell the coming adventure. Today, I still take a sniff and, if you've never done it, you should.

3. Fall


My favorite time of the year. It's not just the beautiful colors, but the scents. The crispness in the air, the rich bite of turning leaves, and the wood smoke on the breeze.

4. Lavender


I have 2 plants in my garden and the essential oil by my bedside. It's both earthy and floral at the same time, which I love. The scent is relaxing and so soothing. Sometimes I put a few drops in the tub and take a very long bath.

5. Yankee Candle scents - currently, I have about 6 different candles on my dresser. Apple pumpkin, Apple cider, North Pole, Hazelnut coffee . . . I love them all. Most of them are what I would consider Fall/Holiday scents so, even in the summer, I can pretend it's my favorite time of the year. 

Now, go over and check out what the other ladies love.




See you all next week!-- Gwen


1 comment:

  1. LOL - I *only* burn fall scented candles. They're always the best ones. :D

    Also...how did I forget about coffee???? What is *wrong* with me????

    ReplyDelete