Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Music and Writing

To me, music and writing go hand in hand. I can't write without the music. And I'm not one of those people who must create sound tracks or whatever for each book. Please, that would require me to be way more organized than I would ever be in my life. But I carry my MP3 player with me whenever I plan on writing. I can't concentrate unless I have that music pounding in my ears and head. I guess it stills the other thoughts I might be having. You know, worries about work, school or just normal everyday things such as the need to do laundry, mop the floor, blah, blah, blah. With someone like Missy Elliot singing about getting ur freak on I don't have the time to think about anything else, but whatever my characters are currently doing. It's hard to think about laundry when an alpha male is thinking of making a meal of the woman he so wants. I have just ordered a new MP3 player with 8 gigs of memory. Wooooo!! This will mean more songs, longer battery life and a greater opportunity to write. Which is what my ultimate goal is, of course.

--GC

No comments:

Post a Comment