Wednesday, March 1, 2017
TOP 10 - THINGS I AVOID
Welcome to another Top 10! This week we're chatting about things (events, people) whatever we avoid. As always, this list is in no particular order. Also, it all doesn't necessarily have anything to do with writing. Let's get started:
1. I avoid plotting out a book. Yeah, I know. It's crazy. I know, in my head, the basic plot and where it's going, but nothing is written down, save for info on my characters. Beyond that, the sky is the limit. I've found that in depth plotting stifles me.
2. Going out late. I hate being out later than say . . . 8 or 9 (at the latest). I like to be home fairly early especially if I have to work the next day. Sis and I are always joking that we can't stay out late on "a school night" and we don't.
3. I avoid alcoholic drinks that taste like alcohol and dry wine. I cannot stand a wine that sucks the moisture from my mouth. This means I love sweet wine, in fact, the sweeter the better.
4. I avoid spicy food. I love it, but it doesn't love me.
5. Country music - enough said
6. Books that purposefully set out to pluck my heartstrings or some kind of stupid. I want action, adventure, and love. I want my people to end up together at the end of the book. I don't want to be left hanging with some kind of unanswered question. And I certainly don't want either one to die. That is a total no go for me.
7. If I can help it, I avoid being out in snow. I don't like to drive in it at all. I do fairly well, but it's everyone else that's crazy and can't drive. :-)
8. Heavy perfume fragrances. I am allergic to them so I don't wear any kind of perfume. I use body lotion and that works for me
9. High-heeled shoes. I've done it, but after I broke my leg it hurts way too much. So no heels for me.
10. Writing historical romance. I've thought about it, but I really think it will stifle my creativity. I want to create my own worlds and have my own rules. I don't want to have to stick to actual historical settings, rules and dates. None of that is for me.
Now go on out and check what the other bloggers avoid.
Posted by Gwendolyn Cease at 9:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I avoid high heels, but only because I can't walk in them at all, and I'm a danger to myself and others. (And it's Bron. Your blog won't let me post as anything but anonymous, again. :( )ReplyDelete
Ugh, your site never lets me in... it's Kris... waving from the Goat White North which is too freaking white right now... Wow. Okay, I never wear high heels... hello, you can't run from zombies in them. And too stupid to live people in books are just that. And I don't drink, either... But I will profess my love of country music and staying up late, lol. But we can still be friends :) and write those sasquatch biker books.ReplyDelete
You poor thing that it's snowing! Today it was in the 60s and we had massive scary thunderstorms this morning. The weather is major stupid. And yes for the sasquatch biker books!!Delete
I love your stories and hope you continue the promised series. I've read it three times as well as mated. They re fun stories. They are a great escape when I start thinking to hard. ��