Wednesday, December 21, 2016

HOLIDAY GREETINGS!!



Happy Yule, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Festive Whatever-Winter-Holiday-You-May-Be-Celebrating!!

Can you believe it's that time of year again? Nope, me neither. And, I can tell you with confidence, that I am so glad it's almost over. LOL! 

One reason is I'm working at the bookstore and, Jeez Louise, do the people get dumber this time of year. I've realized that my most hated phrase is "I saw it on your website." This is said with a tone dripping with smugness. Yeah, that's great buttercup, but my store isn't the website. Surprise! So, the obscure book you want that was printed in 2005 isn't on our shelves. In fact, it's out of print so the reason you saw it on the website is because somebody is selling their copy. Of course, I say it nicer, but still the sentiment is there. This will usually cue the argument.


As I recently told one fabulous person I work with, "Yeah this time of year my spirit animal is a fucking bitch. Woo hoo!!"

So, yeah, I'm glad it's almost over. Not just for that, but because it signals the end of this amazingly shitty year. I will be glad to see 2016 kicked to the curb. You? 

Though, there are things that I love about this time of year. The music, lights, all the amazing food, the gorgeous decorations. Sis and I are once again crafting and cooking. Okay, she'd doing most of the cooking since my schedule is crazy, but I leap in when I can. Our house is decorated within an inch of its life. We both have an unhealthy obsession with the making of wreaths. Right now we have 7 we've made, three just this year. We're also creating another cute house. As soon as it's finished I'll post pics.

I hope all of you have an amazing holiday, whatever your chose to celebrate. Eat and drink lots of good food, hug your family close, and celebrate.

Now you can go over and check out what the other bloggers have to say.

Bronwyn
Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment