Wednesday, August 12, 2015

YOU MIGHT BE A . . . .

This week in the randomness of Wednesday our blog posts are, as Bronwyn put it, a play off of Jeff Foxworthy's trope of You Might Be a Redneck. If you've never heard him do this . . . where have you been?? Under a rock?? For those of you who've never heard him do this here's a brief sample:




Now that you have the idea . . .

You Might Be a Southerner If . . .

You bless everyone's heart (but really mean it as an insult). As in, "She's dumb as a bag of hammers, bless her heart."



You order sweet tea anywhere and everywhere, knowing they are going to bring it without argument.

Saying "Oh hell no" is a sign for everyone around you to duck and run for cover because you are about to throw down.



As a child, you ran around after dark and chased lightning bugs.




You cook with cream of mushroom soup because it can make anything and everything taste so much better.

You can properly use y'all in a sentence.


You greet people with the all purpose "Hey!"

You refer to any carbonated beverage as coke . . . even if it's Pepsi.


You know what grits are and, most probably, like them.

The first time you wear white shoes is on Easter and never, ever before. And, as a kid, got a new dress, shiny shoes, hat and gloves to attend Easter Sunday service.


Now run over and see what the other ladies have come up with.


See y'all next week!! -- Gwen

4 comments:

  1. LOL! These are all sooooooooo you! And I'm so glad you explained the concept of All Y'all to me. The first time I heard it, I was *baffled*! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw the topic for this week I knew what it had to be. I'm so glad you understand y'all now and can use it correctly in a sentence. :-)

      Delete
  2. OMG... I LOVE the pic about the catching flies with a hollowed out carcass.... too damn funny. Priceless. And you've told me to bless my heart... you'd have better have meant it the nice way....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always mean it the good way when I'm talking to you. I love you bunches!!! You're like my hero ;-)

      Delete