Today we're chatting about our favorite musical artists. Jeez Louise, I have a huge list since I love music. Always have. I can't ever remember a time when there wasn't music going at our house. My parents were both older so my sis and I grew up listening to music from the 40s through the 60s. Mostly it was on 78 records (that was the speed in which you played them), but Mom also had regular albums and little 45s. Once I got old enough I started collecting my own music.
Okay, so these are in no particular order. But here's a list of my favorite musical artists/groups.
1. Led Zeppelin - I've loved them since I was a kid. Of course, when they came to my city I was way too little to go see them. Mom wouldn't have even imagined taking me to see a show. *sigh* So, I listen to CDs and watch my DVDs and just pretend.
2. Disturbed - I discovered them when I heard Down with the Sickness on the radio. I have all their CDs and I'm so excited since they are finally coming out with a new CD in August.
3. Katy Perry - I always smile when I hear her songs. They always have such a good beat. My fav is Dark Horse and the video is really cool too.
4. Taylor Swift - yeah I know, but I love the song Shake it Off. Such an awesome beat and so danceable. Plus, it's kind of my anthem now. Anytime something shitty happens I just think shake it off. Then the song pops into my head and I smile.
5. Jessie J - I heard Bang, Bang on the radio and loved it so I went looking for other songs. I found Burnin' Up and discovered one of my new fav songs.
6. Elvis - he was my Mom's favorite and I love him. We grew up listening to his music and I can't tell you how many of his songs are on my MP3 player.
7. Nine Inch Nails - ahhh, Trent Resnor never fails me. I loved to dance to NIN music when I went to the clubs and saw him in concert on the Downward Spiral tour. So much awesome. And so much strangeness.
8. Enya - yeah, I know, but I love her. And I'm sure you're wondering what the hell, Gwen, but I have all her CDs. Her music is so soothing. And she has an amazing voice.
9. Tori Amos - I have most of her older stuff. My fav CD was Boys for Pele. I could listen to it over and over. I saw her in concert and she is amazing.
I'm sure I could keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny, but I'll stop now. I currently have over over 1000 songs on my Mp3 player and they are all my very favorite songs . . . right now. So, I will let you run and check out who the other girls are loving (I predict Norris is going to say Nickelback). Maybe you can collect some new music.
If you have any suggestions for me to try, just drop them down in the comments.
See you all next week!! -- Gwen
Boys for Pele... Love that album, still. :)ReplyDelete
It's amazing. I've had it on my MP3 player forever.Delete
Dark Horse is my fave of hers too. And I like some Taylor Swift. Though her song with Ed, Everything has Changed, is my fave.ReplyDelete
I need to check that song out!!! Thanks for the recommendation. :-)Delete