Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Resolutions????

I don't usually make resolutions for the new year. The reason? I never keep them. Oh if I said something like I'll give up rolling skating or I'll eat candy this year then heck yeah I'm all on board. But the important stuff or the stuff I really need to do is a big old zero. But this year is different because I'm different. As many people know last year totally and absolutely blew majorly. I broke my right leg and ankle in 3 places, my dog died, my cat died and finally to top all the crappiness off my mother died. To say I was down is putting it mildly. All I kept thinking was, just get the year over with. And now it is over I am concentrating on making this year the best it can be.

To that end, I've started writing every day, which is something I haven't done in a while. I have nearly 5k on a new manuscript and am feeling great about it. I've signed up to attend Authors After Dark in Philly in August and I am taking my writing seriously. On the personal front, I have slowly started to exercise again. Nothing huge, but any little bit helps. Also, I plan on cooking a lot more. No more cereal for dinner. Will I backslide at times? Probably, but so what? I plan on jumping right back up the next day and getting right back to life.

This year is going to be the best!! I plan on making it that way

--GC

No comments:

Post a Comment