Monday, March 7, 2016

TALES FROM A BOOKSTORE



I started working at an unnamed bookstore last June. I love books, obviously, and being around them all the time seemed like the perfect place for me. And it is . . . other than the customers. 

Okay, don't get me wrong. Not all the customers are facepalm worthy, but there are quite a few who aren't playing with a full deck. So I thought I would share some of the more fantastical stories I've collected. What I share with you is 100% real. These are really real people who are out there living in society and, somehow, walking around taking care of themselves. I know, I know, I'm stunned too. 

Oh, jeez, where to begin. Okay, so this one didn't actually happen to me, but to someone I know (code word for coworker).

A customer walks into the bookstore and comes up to the desk to inquire about a book. Now sometimes you get the people who don't know the author or the name of the book. Hell sometimes you get people who just tell you the book is blue and expect you to know which one they mean. Nope, not this Einstein.

This lady comes up and asks for a copy of Medea



Now before you get excited, let me stop you. This fabulous customer then goes on to say . . .

"Now I know it's written by Tyler Perry, but I'm not sure what part of the store I'd find it in."



And yes, this is a truly true story. Bless her heart.

And have a truly wonderful day. See you Wednesday!! -- Gwen

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I wish ours would hire me. Half the time I am telling customers where to find a book or recommending authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing that too and that's why I now work there. LOL! Check to see if they're hiring unless you're worried all your paycheck and more will go to the bookstore then Run Away, Run Away!!!! ;-)

      Delete