Wednesday, October 28, 2015

WHO WOULD I WANT TO HAUNT ME, WHO WOULD I WANT TO SKIP ME

Happy Almost Halloween!! I love this time of year. The leaves are turning, the air is getting crisp, and pumpkin everything is in the air. The house is all decorated (and has been since the end of September) and scary stuff is all around. 

Other than this guy, he's not scary at all!

I'm not much on scary stuff. I don't like "horror" movies, since I think they're really dumb. For a while, I went to a ton of scary movies that were more psychological thrillers than Friday the 13th stuff. The only one that scared me was Stir of Echoes with Kevin Bacon. That was freaky. 

I love movies like Hocus Pocus, Ghostbusters, Practical Magic . . . stuff like that. If it's fun and magical then I'm all for it. 




Which leads me to our random Wednesday question about who I'd want to haunt me or skip me. Ummm, everyone. I don't want anyone to haunt me. Believe me, I've been through enough shit without being haunted by a ghost.

Now saying that, I will share with you that probably a month after my mom died she came to me. Was I scared? Hell yes, but I was also thrilled. I had been so devastated by her passing that her visit eased that. She knelt by my bed and told me she was fine, happy, everything was good. I could tell since she looked awesome-- younger, fit, and smiling--things she hadn't been at the end. 

Do I miss her like crazy? Hell yes, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. On the flip side though, I know she isn't sick anymore or in pain so that, to me, is worth everything.

Now, moving away from the serious, I will tell you I wrote a short story ages ago called I Only Have Eyes For You and it was about a woman who moves into a house that turns out to be haunted by a majorly sexy ghost who totally sexes her up. Now, that is something I could be down with. LOL!!! Eventually, I want to expand it into a book, but like everything else it will wait til I finish the damn book I'm struggling with.

So, with that I am off . . . literally and figuratively. Now run over and check out what the other bloggers have to say.

Jessica
Bronwyn
Jessica D


See you all next week!! -- Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment