Wednesday, October 7, 2015

FAVORITE THINGS: HOLIDAY

Hello! This week the randomness is all about our favorite holiday. Oh, wait, before I do that let me share Wednesday Male Hotness with you.



*sigh* Yep, WMH always make the day better, right?

Anyway, holiday . . . I love Halloween. I actually already have decorations up. I even made 2 new ones this year and, I think, they came out really well. What do you think?



We also purchased 2 new decorations from an awesome site called Victorian Trading.




I have loved Halloween since I was a kid. As a child, it signaled the beginning of the holiday season to me. Oh and candy, can't forget that. I loved picking my costume out each year and going around the neighborhood. We lived in a fairly good sized neighborhood, but it seemed as if we knew everyone. I remember getting home-made goodies in my bag that was far superior to the crappy bag candy peddled in the stores. A number of the houses would have parties going so I would go in with my Mom and visit and eat cookies and drink punch.

We'd be out forever visiting the neighborhood and showing off our costumes and collecting huge piles of candy, cookies, brownies . . . I think I even had a caramel apple one year. 


Cousin, Sis & me 

The pic above is me in my very favorite costume Bella La Ghostly from the Groovie Goolies. Sis is in her fav costume too. 

Once we got too old to go out we stayed home, dressed up and handed candy out.  If you're interested you can check out the post I wrote on my favorite Halloween memory

Now, we don't hand out candy since our neighborhood doesn't have a lot of kids in it, but I still decorate like crazy and I love this time of year. Of course, I'm Pagan so that adds something too. Halloween or Samhain is the beginning of my year and an incredibly powerful night where anything is possible.

Now go and check out what holidays the other ladies love best.




See you all next week -- Gwen

2 comments:

  1. I love that little silhouette picture - so sweet! And nice job on your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little silhouette pic is titled Prudence and Pumpkin and I utterly love it. and thanks for the compliments. I'm pretty daggone happy with my small attempts at crafting. :-)

      Delete