Wednesday, February 11, 2015

DO YOU BELIEVE IN . . . LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT? SOULMATES? DESTINY? UFOs? ASTRAL PROJECTIONS?



Hello and welcome to the Randomness that is Wednesday. Today, we are talking about all things that we may or may not believe in. Obviously, since we're getting close to Valentine's Day, it's all focused around romance. Oh, before we get started, gotta give you all Wednesday Hotness


So our big questions of the day involve concepts I'm sure you would imagine romance writers would be all over. I mean we write about most of this stuff everyday, we gotta believe in it right? Wrong. Fiction is . . . fiction. A romance novel is a piece of fiction and nothing about it is real. 

I do not believe in love at first sight. I believe in lust at first sight. That's happened to me, and people I know, a number of times. But a true and lasting love takes time to build. Love that really lasts takes hard work and sacrifice. I do believe in instant attraction, as I've said. I'll tell you this really strange story to illustrate and it's totally real. So I was on vacation with a friend of mine when I was . . . maybe 16 or so. Her mother took us to this tiny church in the town where the resort we were staying at was. The time came in the mass (Catholic) when everyone gives their neighbors a "sign of peace." Depending on the relationship or lack there of, you shake hands with people. So I turn and, without really looking, offer my hand to the person behind me. As soon as we touch hands, it was as if this shock of electricity ran through me. I can't even begin to explain it. I looked up at him and he was staring down at me and I can't even tell you how long we stood like that. My friend finally said something pithy that broke the spell and I turned back around, but oh my gosh I still remember it to this day. 

Soulmates . .  nope don't believe in those either. I cannot believe there is one person in the entire world meant for someone. What if you don't live in the same city, state, country? What if that person has died? So no, don't believe in it. I DO believe that there are those couples who are totally suited to one another. Once again, I think it's due to them working together to make the relationship work. They truly love one another and because they do, they work to make sure they're both happy. 

I do believe in reincarnation because, I think we are just too amazing to only live once. We have lessons to learn for our souls to mature and the only way to do this is to come back over and over. I also believe that we come back surrounded by a core group of friends/family. Think about it, have you ever met someone that you just instantly clicked with? Like you know this person and understand this person and they know and understand you? I believe it's one of your core people.


Hmmm, now destiny is a different thing. I do believe certain things in our lives are fated to happen. I did a blog post awhile ago about how I met Jessica Jarman. The post was called Deep Thoughts for a Sunday Night and I wrote it on August 3, 2014. I went through how Jess and I met. If you want to read it here's a link.

So meeting Jess was really the jumping off point for my writing career. Maybe her career too, but you'd have to ask her that. I know that when we met I finally had someone who understand what I was going through. Someone I could bounce story ideas off of, run through plot points, and just talk about writing in general. She and I really pushed each other to write and to get published. She was even my editor on a number of my books. So, would I be where I am right now without the events that led up to us meeting? No, I don't think so. I do believe we were supposed to meet. Destiny. Fate. Whatever you want to call it, does step in and shove you toward the path you should be traveling. 

And those are my deep thoughts for a late Tuesday night. Do you believe in love at first sight, soulmates, or destiny? How about UFOs, Bigfoot, or astral projections? If you do, just let me know in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you.

Also, run out and check the other Blogger Girlz to see if they believe.


I'll see you next week! Gwen

5 comments:

  1. And if you only had one "soul mate" what if that person got hit by a bus or settled for someone else or anything else. For a chick who writes romance, I way too skeptical. ;) Also, I'm pretty sure the Sasquatch known as Big Foot is my 17 year old... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were all my issues with the whole soul mate thing. There's too many things that could go wrong with the whole concept. And yep, romance writer = skeptical here too. And as for Big Foot, at least your guy sports a man bun. Loved it!

      Delete
  2. Et to, Brutis?
    Fine, I'll be the lone man out this week. And BIG FOOT IS REAL, DAMN IT. Haven't you watched the show? They've ALMOST found him for like 5 seasons... :D:D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know he's real. His name is Fog and he rides a big-assed Harley!!

      Delete
  3. I'm unfamiliar with the reincarnated souls/theoretical wolf pack idea but now both you and Bron mentioned it. I'm really liking it. I think it is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete