Hello and welcome to 2017!! We've added a new topic to the randomness that is Wednesday. I know, we're tricky. We like to spice things up and keep y'all on your toes.
So, I'm supposed to list the top 10 things I'm proud of. Let's hope I come up with ten and really, these are in no particular order.
1. Actually finishing a book - of course, this isn't a work that would ever see the light of day, but I learned that I could finally write The End.
2. Publishing my books - I dreamt of being a published author and it actually happened.
3. Starting college - we didn't have the money so I didn't go to college right out of high school. Luckily, I got a job at a private university and was able to work toward my bachelor degree.
4. Getting my Masters of Art in Teaching - such hard work since it meant going to school full time and working full time.
5. Graduating from university . . . three times! Yep, I have 2 undergraduate degrees and a Masters. Go me!
6. Surviving clinical depression - this is an on-going battle, but I'm winning.
7. Writing a letter to the person who sexually molested me and giving the guilt and the responsibility to him, where it belongs.
8. Kinder self-talk - I used to talk to myself so horribly. I mean, really, if I'd spoken to another person the way I talked to myself I would have had no friends. Now, I find that when I make a mistake I just take it in stride and move on.
9. I can stand up for myself and I don't feel guilty about it.
10. I have learned to say No and mean it.
Now go and check out what the other bloggers are proud of. And, if you want, you can leave a comment below telling me what you are most proud of.