Wednesday, May 6, 2015

FAVE THINGS: BEAUTY PRODUCTS/COSMETICS/ETC.

Welcome to another fabulous Random Wednesday post. Today, we're talking about all our fave beauty products and cosmetics. First, here's major male hotness



Okay, so I wish I could tell you I have tons of favorite things, since I'm such a product person, but I would be lying. I've never been one for makeup. I use foundation and blush . ..  that's it. Nothing more. Sometimes I toss on lip gloss, and, if I'm really crazy, lip stick, but nothing else. 

There are a few things that I always use though and, no matter what, wouldn't give up.

1. Bath & Body Works - I looooove them! My cabinet is loaded with shower gel and body lotion. I'm allergic to most perfumes, they're just too strong for me. Lotion, on the other hand, I can handle. I love the smell of B&B products. Right now, I'm using Honeysuckle and something called Pure Paradise. The back of the bottle reads like a hot romance novel for lotions: This alluring scent is a sparkling blend of juicy star fruit, dewy fragipani blossom and water lily drenched with sun-kissed coconut and white musk. Turned you on, didn't it?? I know! Me too. And, yeah, if anyone knows what a fragipani blossom is let me know. I think somebody made it up, but that's just me.

2. Essential Oil from Acorns & Alchemy - Bronwyn turned me on to this place and I've found that I can wear the fragrances I get there. Of course, they're all essential oils so that's probably why. I love the names and the fragrances. So much fun. My last order included a scent called "13" (primary notes: blackberry, raspberry, clove, basil, bergamot) and Dark Goddess (primary notes: cinnamon, clove). I can't tell you how much I love them both. They let you order small tester bottles so you can decide which one you like best. Love it!

3. Moisturizer - I always use moisturizer, every night. I also always wash my face. I know some people skip it because . . . whatever lame excuse. I never have. Even when I rolled home at 5am from a night that was best forgotten. I always washed my face and lotioned. I use Oil of Olay. My mom used it, so that's what I use. I have regular for the daytime and nightcream for  . . . .night. 

4. Sunscreen - I use this when I know I'm going to be outside for any length of time. I have really fair skin and burn very easily. So sunscreen is a must.

Huh, yeah, that's about it for my incredible beauty rituals. I wish I could tell you I go to the spa and all that stuff, but that's a big old N-O. If you have any fabulous products that you love, let me know. And now run and check out what the other ladies love.

Bronwyn
Jessica
Kris
Jenny
Kellie
Jessica D
Paige

See you all next week! -- Gwen


3 comments:

  1. ALL HAIL ACORNS AND ALCHEMY!!! :D I love a lot of the Bath and Body Works scents, but they all turn to funk on me. :( *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry!!!!! :-( You know, my Mom was the same way. Any perfume she tried intensified by like a billion percent and was off. We finally found one that worked, but she could only use very little.

      Delete
  2. I love their oils, too. I'm such a rose person. I know... so many don't like the sweet, but damn. I love it. And yes to sunscreen. Though I try not to be out in the sun a ton. I run in the morning, before the harmful rays so I can get my dose of vitamin D. But spray on sunscreen is a must. And I love Bath and Body works, too.

    ReplyDelete