Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Random Wednesday Blog: A Few of My Favorite Things - Movies!! Or Stop Watching TV and Get Back to Writing

Hey!!!  It's Random Wednesday Blog time again and the Blogger Girlz are I are going to talk about our favorite movies. Wow! I don't know if there's enough space for me to list every single one of them, but I will cover the top pics. Now, I'll admit, I used to go to the movies all the time. But recently, not so much. It's not that the movies are any less good or whatever, but I feel as if I have too much to do and not enough time to give up 3 hours of my life. And this is why most of the movies are older. Also, they aren't in any kind of order. So enjoy!

1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy - need I say more?? I mean fantastic story, amazing visuals, and awesome cast.   And I know what you're thinking . . . someone other than Viggo was in the movies and I say, "Really? I didn't notice."



 2. Donovan's Reef - If you haven't seen this movie I highly recommend it. It was made back in 1963 and starred John Wayne, Lee Marvin, and a host of other people. It is so funny and I remember my dad and I watching it all the time. I still watch it around Christmas since the holidays are a big part of the movie.
Whoops, how did handsome Viggo get in here???
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark - I remember going to see this in high school with my girl friends. We had an absolute ball. I think we saw it together at least 5 or 6 more times. And it has Harrison Ford in it so need I say more.
There he is again
4. Star Wars - The Original and the best. I saw this movie when it first came out in 1977 . . . I was barely an embryo, but saw it just the same. The special effects totally blew me away and I loved the story. Nothing like this had ever been made before and, as a writer, I was hooked.
Yum, this is him looking so earnest and sincere. Please Gwen, come away with me. Of course, Viggo . . . 

5. The Heat - I saw this not too long ago and laughed and laughed. I love Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock. If you haven't seen it you need to especially if you need a laugh. These women are amazing.

6. High Plains Drifter - Clint Eastwood movie released in around 1973. This was another movie my dad introduced me too. In fact, any time this movie is on my sister and I sit transfixed and watch it. We love this movie with it's paranormal elements and story of vengeance. Yep, it's got everything you would want.

7. Thor & Thor: Dark World - loved them, hell I love all the movies based in the Marvel Universe. And yes Chris Hemsworth is so beautifully yummy.But the ever awesome Tom Hiddleston is even more yummy because he makes bad Loki look soooo good.

I could keep going and going, but I won't. I'll let you go so you can see what the other Blogger Girlz are up to. If you don't know yet they are: Jessica, Bronwyn, Kris, Kellie, and Tess.

See you all next week!!  --GC

3 comments:

  1. Dear lord, I love Tom Hiddleston.*swoon* Oh, I love Raiders of the Lost Ark, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't he awesome??!! I just got both Thor movies and really it was because of him.

      Delete
  2. We just introduced our kids to Raiders of the Lost Ark this weekend! I think DH and I had more fun than they did. :)

    ReplyDelete